Kids Rate Books
What is Kids Rate Books?
Through the Kids Rate Books program, kids can earn free books for their school libraries and classrooms, just by writing book reviews. KRB is hosted on Bookopolis, a COPPA-compliant free social network and book discovery website where 7 to 12 year olds share their favorite books and find new ones.
How does it work?
When teachers and librarians sign up for the program, they choose three free books from a list of popular AMP! Kids books. When students post five or more reviews for any one featured title to Bookopolis, their classroom or library is eligible to choose another free book.
How do I sign up?
I’m an Educator
- First, you need to be a Bookopolis user. Log in or sign up here.
- Sign up for the program! When you fill out the sign up form, be sure to select three FREE books from the list of featured titles.
- Receive your books in the mail! We’ll send you the books you’ve chosen within 30 days of your request. Make the books available for your students to read and enjoy.
- Students write reviews! For the first five quality reviews* your students write for any of the books in the program, we will send you another book free.
- Choose your next book! When we see 5 reviews from your students for any of the books in the program, we will send you a link to pick your next free book. We check for reviews twice a month and when you qualify, we will send you a link to a request a new book.
- Repeat! Every time your students write 5 reviews on any books in the program, we will send you a link to pick a new book.
*Reviews should reflect the quality you would expect from students’ general schoolwork. Click here for some great tips on how to write a quality review.
I’m a Student
- Tell your teacher or librarian to sign up! Your class or library will receive three FREE books from our list of featured books.
- Get the books, and pick one to read! Your teacher will receive the free books in the mail and will make them available for you to read.
- Write reviews! You need to be a Bookopolis user to post reviews, so log in or sign up with your teacher. For the first five quality reviews* written by you and your classmates on any one of our featured titles, we’ll send your class another free book. Click here for instructions on how to post reviews on Bookopolis.
- Get your next book! Your teacher or librarian can choose a new book to receive for free.
- Repeat! When your class writes five reviews on the new book, you earn another free book. The list is always changing, so be sure to check back often!
*Click here for some great tips on how to write a quality review.